Westwood: Ten Days Away to LA Loves Alex’s Lemonade Food FestivalEdit Post
Contributed by on Sep 05, 2019
Zero readers love this post.
LA Loves Alex’s Lemonade
We are now 10 days away from one of my favorite food festivals, LA Loves Alex’s Lemonade.
The food festival at UCLA’s Royce Quad on Saturday, September 14 will feature an all-star roster of chefs, mixologists and vintners. Plus, you may spot a Hollywood celebrity or two!
meat from APL!
There are some new chefs at this year’s event. I’m really excited to see Ashley Abodeely who used to be at the NoMad hotel and is now at the Firehouse– a spot I really like and just celebrated my birthday at. I’ve been trying to go to Bob’s Well Bread the last few times I was up in the Santa Barbara region and they were always sold out. So I’m happy to see Bob Oswaks will be at fest. See the other chefs below.
Ashley Abodeely – The Firehouse Hotel
Bob Oswaks – Bob’s Well Bread Bakery
Boe DeLashmutt & Edward ErkenBrack – Marker Five
Frank Ibarra – Bibi Ji
Jason Paluska – The Lark
Jon Yao – Kato
Kaleo Adams – Calabra at Santa Monica Proper Hotel
Melissa Perello – M. Georgina
Michael Santoro – Beverly Hills Hotel
Peter Lee – Loquita
Sarah Grueneberg – Monteverde
Tal Ronnen – Crossroads LA.
Chef Kevin Meehan of Kali
Congrats to chef Kevin Meehan on his Michelin star! And now he’ll be cooking at Alex’s Lemonade!
Here’s a partial list of the participating chefs:
- Adam Perry Lang – APL Restaurant
- Andrew Sutton – Napa Rose
- Brian Rigsby & Andrea Shirey – Craft
- Chris Bianco – Tartine Bianco
- Chris Feldemeier – Love & Salt
- Dahlia Narvaez – Mozza Restaurant Group
- David LeFevre – Manhattan Beach Post, Fishing with Dynamite
- David Lentz & Stephanie Mutz
- Donald Link & Ryan Prewitt– Herbsaint, Peche
- Hedy Goldsmith – Sweet Hedy
- Jason Winters – Urban Pie
- Jeremy Fox – Rustic Canyon
- John Sundstrom – Lark Seattle
- Jon Shook & Vinny Dotolo – Jon & Vinny’s, Animal
- Josef Centeno – Orsa & Winston, Bar Ama
- Josiah Citrin – Melisse, Charcoal Venice
- Kevin Meehan – Kali Restaurant
- Kris Yenbamroong – Night + Market
- Ludo Lefebvre – Trois Mec
- Marc Vetri & Paul Wensel – Vetri Cucina
- Mark Rosati – Shake Shack
- Mary Sue Milliken & Susan Feniger – Border Grill
- Matt Molina – Everson Royce Bar, Triple Beam Pizza
- Michael Cimarusti – Providence
- Michael Fiorelli – Olivetta
- Michael Schwartz – The Genuine Hospitality Group
- Nancy Oakes – Boulevard
- Nancy Silverton – Mozza Restaurant Group
- Neal Fraser – Redbird
- Ori Menasche – Bestia, Bavel
- Perry Hendrix & Sieger Bayer – Avec, The Publican
- Peter Lee – Loquita
- Ray Garcia – Broken Spanish
- M. GeorginaRocco Whalen – Fahrenheit
- Sara Kramer & Sarah Hymanson – Kismet
- Shiho Yoshikawa – Sweet Rose Creamery
- Sherry Yard
- Steve Samson – Rossoblu, Superfine Pizza
- Suzanne Goin – The Lucques Group
- Suzanne Tracht – Jar
- Timothy Hollingsworth – Otium
- Valerie Gordon – Valerie Confections
- Walter & Margarita Manzke – Republique, Petty Cash, Sari Sari Store
- Zach Pollack – Alimento, Cosa Buona
Zoe Nathan – Huckleberry
I’m looking forward to spotting the trendy bite this year. A few years ago it was octopus then duck and we’ll see what it’ll be soon. Maybe uni!?
Lots to drink!
And don’t forget the drinks! Plenty of wine and cocktails. Look for these bar stars:
- Eric Alperin – Varnish
- Kirk Estopinal & Turk Dietrich – Cure
- Darwin Manahan – Genever
- Kim Stodel – Providence
- Bethanie Ham – Lanea
- Ignacio Murillo – a.o.c.
- Erin & Justin – Bar Bianco
- Christiaan Rollich – Lucques Group
- Cari Hah – Big Bar
Plus El Silencio mezcal will be there!
See you in 10 days, LA!
- UCLA’s Royce Quad
- Saturday, September 14
- 12:30-4:30 PM
© 2019 The Minty