Whiskey Cocktails to Drink this Valentine’s DayEdit Post
Contributed by on Feb 11, 2019
Three readers love this post.
Valentine’s Day is almost here, which means it’s time to step up your game and be ready to impress! Even if you opt for dinner in the nicest restaurant along with flowers, chocolates or jewelry, your Valentine’s Day date will certainly appreciate a well thought out cocktail.
Basil Hayden’s® Spiced Honey Ginger by TJ Vong (Denver, CO)
- 1½ parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- ½ part Ginger Liqueur
- ¾ parts Lemon Juice
- ½ part Honey Simple Syrup*
- 3 to 4 dashes Bittercube Jamaican® #2 Bitters or Hibiscus Bitters
- 1 Lemon Peel (for garnish)
- 1 Rosemary Sprig (for garnish)
Method Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and double strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with a long, thin lemon peel wrapped around a sprig of rosemary
*To create Honey Simple Syrup, combine equal parts honey and equal parts water over heat until dissolved.
Knob Creek® Bless Your Heart by Beth Burrows
- 1 part Knob Creek Single Barrel
- 1 part Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur.5 parts Punt e Mes
- .25 parts Fresh Lemon JuiceGarnish with Luxardo Maraschino Cherries on skewer
Method Combine KC Single Barrel, Luxardo Maraschino, Punt e Mas, and fresh lemon juice in a glass. Add ice. Stir. Strain. Garnish. Served in a *chilled if possible* coupe glass.
Laphroaig® Tam O’Shanter by Andrey Kalinin (New York City, NY)
- 1 1/2 parts Laphroaig® Select Scotch Whisky
- 1/2 part Drambuie® Liqueur
- 1 part Bordeaux Red Wine
- 3 dashes Orange Bitters
- Orange Peel (for garnish)
Method Add all ingredients together in a mixing glass and stir. Strain into a chilled coupe or martini glass (served up). Garnish with a flamed orange twist.