Whisky Soaked Boiled Peanuts...plus a cocktail to go with it.Edit Post
Contributed by on Jan 10, 2019
One reader loves this post.
If you have never enjoyed a boiled peanut then you are missing out on one of life's great pleasures. Boiled peanuts elicit exactly two reactions. The first goes what the hell, no no no, I need something to drink to wash this flavor out of my mouth. The second reaction, the reaction from people who are the better people in our society, is pure joy.
To mix things up for 2019, it's time to boozy-up those nuts! Simply add some peated whisky to your boil and you are all set. It's that easy.
The real brilliance of this recipe is that you get to create a nearly-forgotten southern cocktail with a new twist...Peanuts & Whisky.
Whisky Soaked Boiled Peanuts Recipe
- 1/2 lbs Raw (unroasted) peanuts
- 8oz peated scotch whisky
- 1/3 cup of salt
- 1 tbsp of Old Bay seasoning
- Place all ingredients in instapot.
- Cover with just enough water to cover peanuts.
- Put the steam rack on top of peanuts to keep them in the water.
- Use the Pressure Cook setting for 90 minutes
Peanuts & Whisky Cocktail
Cocktail Instructions: Add the following ingredients into a rocks glass with ice.
- 1 1/2 oz. whisky (Maker's Mark)
- 1 oz. peanut syrup
- Coca-Cola (just enough to top the glass)
Peanut Syrup Instructions:
- 3/4 cups of water used in boiled peanuts recipe above
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 oz. vodka
Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Or, to save time, heat water in microwave (bring to a near boil), then stir in sugar. Add vodka.