DrinkWire is Liquor.com's showcase for the best articles, recipe and reviews from the web's top writers and bloggers. In this post, Drinking in America recaps RateBeer's list of the 20 lowest-rated beers, as chosen by their users.
Ben Franklin once said, “beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” We’re pretty confident Big Ben wasn’t talking about these beers. Here is a list of the 20 Worst Beers in the World, according to RateBeer. We like to think these beers are dedicated for broke, college kids who can’t afford to drink anything better. And we get it: sometimes a Bud Light is the best it’s gonna get. But here are the beers to avoid when you've got other options:
- Natural Light: Relied on only for its buzz-inducing affordability.
- Natural Ice: As stated on Urban Dictionary: “What a skunk would taste like if it were liquid.”
- Sleeman Clear: Described as “clean and refreshing” but we think it’s more along the lines of “bland and boring”.
- Milwaukee’s Best Premium: Historically known as “The Beast,” there’s nothing best or premium about this beer.
- Michelob Ultra: No matter how many actors they get to endorse it, this beer just isn’t gonna happen.
- Camo Genuine Ale: People only drink this for the 8.6% ABV.
- Budweiser Select 55: Conceived to be “the lightest beer in the world,” and compared by reviewers to bunny pee.
- Milwaukee’s Best Light: Maybe Milwaukee’s Worst.
- Miller Genuine Draft Light 64: Accompanied by a #64ing social media campaign… just no.
- Bud Light Chelada: Premixed Bud Light and Clamato? No, no, and no.
- Keystone Light: Always smooth and always tasteless.
- Keystone Premium: The more elusive, yet just as tasteless, Keystone.
- Bud Light: The crappy beer that no one will judge you for drinking.
- Busch Ice: The only thing refreshing about this beer is the snowy mountain peaks on the can.
- Busch Light: Light, sweet, bland carbonated water.
- Beer 30 Light: For $12 a rack, you get what you pay for.
- Old English 800: You only purchase this beer if you’re planning on playing Edward Fortyhands.
- Labatt Sterling: If you enjoy beer, you won’t enjoy Labatt Sterling.
- Budweiser Chelada: Really just an awful, 24-ounce Bloody Mary that gets warm before you can finish it.
- Icehouse Light: Consume Icehouse to appreciate how cheap it can be to get drunk.
Don’t get us wrong — we have nothing against these beers. There's nothing like cracking a nice, cold Natty Ice at a day party or a Michelob Ultra when you’re counting carbs. So enjoy whatever awful beer you might like. No judgement here!